» Arab participation in the Asian Games!
Arab participation in the Asian Games!
|So far, the Arab participation in the 16th Asian Games is quite fruitful!
From Sunday 21 November to Saturday 27, Arab athletes got 10 Gold medal, 6 Silver and 11 Bronze medals, for a total of 27 medals in track and field! This is a great improvement in the Arab track and field level in comparison with their fellow Asian neighbors!
Gretta Taslakian, our Lebanese athlete ran a 11.84s in the qualifying round, breaking her National Record of 11.85s. In the semi-finals, Gretta clocked 11.87s in the 100m, taking 6th place. Unfortunately that wasn't enough for her to qualify to the final round. We must mention that Gretta has been running sub 12 all season so far! At 200m, Gretta clocked 24.01s (SB), took 2nd place in her hear (2/3), and have qualified for the final! We hope that she would break the 24s in the final and get close to her National Record of 23.56s!
Jean-Claude Rabbath passed the qualifying round with 2m15, and then, in the final, he scored 2m10 and was placed 11th. We should mention that JC is the first and only Lebanese to have won a Gold medal in the Asian Games!
Ali Hazer didn't compete in the 10 events: the Decathlon, we heard about a knee injury while Pole Vaulting! We hope this isn't a major injury and that Ali get better as soon as possible! Hazer is so close to Elie Sfeir's record of 6873 points, his only weakness is the Pole Vault, having amazing performances in all others!
Here's the arab medals for the first two days:
- Women's 10,000m: Shitaya Eshete HABTEGEBREL (BRN) Bronze medalist: 31:53.27 PB
- Men's 5000m:
Mahboob Ali Hasan MAHBOOB (BRN) Gold medalist: 13:47.86 PB
James Kwalia KURUI (QAT) Silver medalist: 13:48.55
Felix Kikwal KIBORE (QAT) Bronze medalist: 13:49.31
- Men's 400m: Femi Seun OGUNODE (QAT) Gold medalist: 45.12 PB
Yousef Ahmed MASRAHI (KSA) Bronze medalist: 45.71
- Men's 100m: Yasir Baalghayth ALNASHRI (KSA) Silver medalist: 10.26
Barakat AL HARTHI (OMA) Bronze medlist: 10.28
- Men's High Jump: Mustaz Essa BARSHIM (QAT) Gold medalist: 2m27
Rashedahmed AL MANNAI (QAT) Bronze medalist: 2m19
- Women's 1500m: Maryam Yusuf JAMAL (BRN) Gold medalist: 4:08.22
Mimi Belete GEBREGEIORGES (BRN) Bronze medalist: 4:10.42
- Men's 1500m: Mohammed Othman SHAWEEN (KSA) Gold medalis: 3:36.49
Belal Mansour Belal ALI (BRN) Bronze medalist: 3:38.39
- Men's 3000m SC: Tareq Mubarak Salem TAHER (BRN) Gold medalist: 8:25.89
Thamer Kamal ALI (QAT) Silver medalist: 8:26.27
Ali Ahmad ALAMRI (KSA) Bronze medalist: 8:30.96
- Men's Discus Throw: Mohammed Ahmed DHEEB (QAT) Silver medalist: 64m56 PB- Men's Long Jump: Hussein Taher ALSABA (KSA) Bronze medalist: 7m96Day5:- Men's 800m: Adnan ALMNTFAGE (IRQ) Silver medalist: 1:45.88 Musaab Abdelrahman BALA (QAT) Bronze medalist: 1:46.19- Men's 200m: Femi Deun OGUNODE (QAT) Gold medalist: 20.43 PB Omar Juma ALSALFA (UEA) Bronze medalist: 20.83- Men's 400m Hurdles: Bandar Yahya SHARAHILI (KSA) Silver medalist: 50.29Day6:- Women's 5000m: Mimi Belete GEBREGEIORGES (BRN) Gold medalist: 15:15.59 PB- Men's Shot Put: Sultan Aboulmajeed ALHABASHI (KSA) Gold medalist: 20.57 SB- Men's 10,000m: Bilisuma Shugi GELASSA (BRN) Gold medalist: 27:32.72 PB Essa Ismail RASHED (QAT) Silver medalist: 27:33.09 SB Mahboob Ali Hasan MAAHBOOB (BRN) Bronze medalist: 27:40.07 SB- Men's 4x400m Relay: SAUDI ARABIA Gold medalists: 3:02.30
- Men's Marathon: Mubarak Hassan SHAMI (QAT) Bronze medalist: 2:13:53
Category: News |
Views: 976 |
Added by: krystel
| Rating: 5.0/2|